Why EV-Hybrid Brake Pads?
- EV and Hybrid vehicles are heavier than an equivalent passenger vehicle, so the brake components need to cater for the heavier vehicle to maintain braking stability.
- EV and Hybrid vehicles use regenerative and friction to stop the vehicle, so the dynamic friction properties are tuned differently to those of standard brake pads.
- EV and Hybrid brake pads need to manage disc brake rotor corrosion, due to the friction brake pads being used less, frequently due to regenerative braking, the EV-Hybrid brake pads maintain a transfer film on the disc brake rotor that prevents corrosion and ensures consistent braking in specific conditions.
Specifically engineered for EV and Hybrid Vehicles
Made from organic materials, Bendix EV-Hybrid disc brake pads ensure a low environmental impact while ensuring low dust and noise levels. This means low particle emissions when braking, resulting in cleaner wheels and longer disc brake rotor life.
Making wheels greener
The copper-free organic brake friction materials used in Bendix EV-Hybrid disc brake pads are certified to the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA) ‘N’ rating. This rating confirms Bendix EV-Hybrid disc brake pads contain less than 0.5 percent of copper by weight and permits Bendix to use the AASA LeafMark™ ‘N’ icon. Certification as ‘N’ rated under the AASA LeafMark™ backs Bendix’s commitment to copper-free brake pads, to minimise environmental impact.
The AASA LeafMark™ for friction materials represents one of the most stringent environmental standards for brake materials and the Bendix EV-Hybrid material has been tested and accredited by an independent lab and certified to meet this high standard.
Green Titanium Stripe
A further advantage of Bendix EV-Hybrid disc brake pads is that they incorporate the Bendix Green Titanium Stripe for instant friction without the need for bedding in the brakes on installation, saving both time and money for both the installer and the customer.
- Green Titanium Stripe requires no bedding-in
- Saves you time and money in your workshop
- Delivers stopping power straight out of the box